Top brands do not leave any aspect of their branding up to chance and neither should you. On this episode of the social life podcast Deanna and Nathan chatter and outline how to get started with your business style guide.
How to Get Started
- Define Your Target Audience: Describe who your customers are and why they need you.
- Describe Your *Businesses* Personality: Make a list of 3-5 adjectives that describe your brand
- Determine Your Guiding Principles: Determine the guiding principles for company decisions and actions.
What you should have in your Style Guide
- Tell Your Branding Story
- Logo Specs (Size, Space, Color and Don’ts)
- Typography (Choose Typeface and font families, Alignment and Spacing Rules.)
- Color Palettes (Define all the color codes RGB, CMYK and Hex, Pantone if you are fancy)
- Imagery (Examples of Best Practices, Don’ts and Mood boards)
- Voice (Examples of Best Practice, Personality and Do’s and Don’ts)
We hope you love the podcast and will share it with your friends and family and coworkers and anyone who has a desire to make their brand sharper.
- Why You Need a Style Guide
- Why your brand needs a style guide, and how to create one
- 50 Meticulous Style Guides Every Startup Should See Before Launching